top of page

How do I set up a Water Account?
To set up an account, you must bring your driver’s license and $100 deposit in person to the Water
Department at 25 Grove Street or use this form to complete online and send in a copy of your license
with your deposit.

How do I pay my Water Bill online?
You can pay online here using PayStar.

How do I report a Water Leak?
Contact 334-785-5600, option 1.

Court Dates:
Click here to visit our court page. 

Can I pay a fine online?
You can pay online at

Where is City Court held?
9 Park Street, Headland, AL 36345.

Planning & Development
How do I obtain a Building Permit?
Contact David Riley, Director of Planning and Development, at 334-785-5600 option #3 or

How do I find out the zoning for a particular property?
Contact David Riley, Director of Planning and Development at 334-785-5600 option 3 or

How do I schedule an inspection?
Contact or email David Riley at

Street & Sanitation
What day does Household Garbage Run?
The City of Headland contracts household garbage through MDI. All pickups are on Wednesday. All
cans need to be set by 5:00 AM for pickup that day.

What day is debris and trash picked up?
See map and list by street here. The City of Headland is not responsible for picking up debris contracted
by a third party. Residents must separate vegetative debris from other items, cut debris to a maximum
of 5 feet in length, and stack it uniformly.

What types of trash will not be disposed of by the city?

Prohibited items include televisions and monitors, tires, household garbage (i.e. food), oil, hazardous chemicals, paint in liquid form, and dead animals. 

How do I dispose of large appliances and furniture?
If you currently pay for garbage on your water bill, you can set out appliances on the same day as your
yard debris pickup. Residents can arrange additional pickups through Public Works by calling 334-785-
5600, option 1.

How do I report a Street Light Outage?
Please email with the approximate location and serial number on the
street light post.

How do I report a Traffic Light Outage?
Contact: 334-693-2222

Events, Parks & Recreation
How do I reserve Morriss Park?
Residents can complete applications at the Water Department at 25 Grove Street.

Where can I see a list of Events held on the Downtown Square?

When is the Farmer’s Market?
The Farmer’s Market is held on the Downtown Square beginning the last
Friday in May and is every Friday following through the end of July from 3-7 p.m.

Where do I sign up for Recreation Sports?
The City hosts Soccer as well as Tball, Softball, and Baseball.
All Registrations will be online on our rec page here.

Who is my Councilmember, and what District am I in?

Click here to view the district map.

How do I speak at a council meeting?

Email the City Clerk at The Council meets every month on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday; agenda requests must be made by the Thursday before the meeting.

Can I renew my tag at the City Offices?
The Henry County Probate Office has a satellite office set up at
25 Grove Street every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.

How do I get a business license?
Contact Susan Money at 334-785-5600, option 2.

Do I need a permit for a yard sale?

What employment opportunities are available?
Job openings are listed here.


For all emergencies, please contact 911

How do I obtain a copy of an Accident Report?
Contact 334-693-2222

How do I request patrol?
Contact 334-693-2222

How do I contact Animal Control?
Call 334-693-2222

How do I obtain a burn permit?
Email the City Clerk at for a burn permit application.

How do I schedule a smoke detector install?
Contact the Fire Dept at 334-693-9325


bottom of page